Dear Fender,
My name is Chris Bandusky and I am currently finishing my final semester at Arizona State University. My two areas of concentration include (Business and Music) which I believe would be a perfect fit for your company. On the business side of things I have completed courses in marketing, finance, computer web design development and much more. In the music side I have completed courses in performance, music history, music theory, aural perception, fretboard harmony etc. I understand that when you work for a company such as Fender, you need to know more than just music. You need to have an understanding of how a business works and how to work with other people whether they be co-workers or clients. Many people fail to realize that when pursuing a career you have to educate yourself the best you can to be prepared for what lies ahead. I feel as an ASU graduate (coming up) that I have prepared myself the best I can for a position with your company. I have been a musician since the age of 8 and continue to pursue it today. When I started college I also decided to receive a degree in business because I felt this would compliment the music side extremely well. I feel I would be a strong asset to your company because I am educated, motivated, and have a strong desire to succeed in life. I am also a great people person and can communicate with anybody. I am a very loyal and passionate person and really have a strong desire to work for your company. The company I currently work for I have been with them for over 4 years and have stayed committed to them just as this would carry over to you. I really hope after examining this letter that you gain a strong sense of my desire to work for your company. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Sincerely,
Chris Bandusky
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteI felt that your letter is a good start, but could still use some revisions. Here are a few suggestions: take out the coming up. Change wording from your company to the company's name, say Fender. Your company sounds generic. Instead of listing your qualities give concrete examples of what you have done and what you can do for Fender. I felt that you did a good job of tying music to business and explaining why you chose this pat of study.
--Dr. Jessica
Hey Chris,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog. It was a great way to sell you! You should put yourself in a personal add one day! Haha! Anyways with the motivation that you have expressed in many of you blogs I have no doubt in my mind that you will be amazing at whatever you do!
Hey Chris,
ReplyDeleteI thought this was a great way to broadcast your strengths. Are you going to use this as a cover letter to Fender? I agree with Jessica- there are many great things about your letter, but also a few that could be fixed. The one that really jumped out was, again like Jessica stated, the "(coming up)." I'm sure they will understand, especially if your resume or CV is attached, that you mean upon graduating in May.
Music and business are two concentrations that go togethe extremely well, but that I would not have come up with on my own. I, too, have music as one of my concentrations. My other concentration is education, but it's funny because I have never wanted to be a music teacher. It's good that you can envision your two concentrations working together. Good luck with Fender! I hope everything works out for you!
~Justine