Monday, March 30, 2009

WEEK 11: Shadow a Colleague

Since I am working in a small music shop I pretty much have shadowed every individual that works there for at least a day or so. The individual I shadowed recently was one who worked the front desk and did all the side work for the business. Basically they walked in and then clocked in, after this they would confront the boss and see what activities needed to be completed for the day in order for the shop to run efficiently. Basically they would greet the customers who walked in the front door and see if there was anything they could help them with, then they would direct them in the right direction of the product that would best fit their needs. That is basically it, just basically helping customers, putting stock on the walls, tuning guitars for the customers to play etc. Basically everything I did when I shadowed this individual was common sense, just making sure the customer is always satisfied the moment they walk through your doors. After the day came to an end we would count the droor and straighten up the shop and vacuum. After all of these tedious activities were completed, like all shops, we would clock out and then lock up. Many of the activities I participated in like I said earlier was common sense but it is good to study another individual and get some extra pointers on how to successfully run a business.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that your experience would have been different had you shadowed the music store owner??

    ReplyDelete