Thursday, March 5, 2009
WEEK 7: THINKING ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
When thinking about my own future and how my applied study site relates makes me feel confident I am interning in the right place. This is something I could totally see myself doing in the future because I am interning in a music shop. Being a musician I obviously love music and just being around other people who have the same passion for it that I do. Interning in a music shop gives me an opportunity to be around other individuals who have a strong passion for their craft. After I graduate my future career goals are to relocate to Nashville and perform and do studio work for a living. When I get a bit older I then would not mind opening up my own music shop and offering quality products to the community I would be located in. Every day is a new experience and I take it and digest it as best I can so I can learn and apply it to my goals for the future. The only thing that I don't like about my site is that I am not the owner! Sometimes I wish I could just run the shop on my own cause I feel I would have so many great ways of advertising and promoting the shop to generate more business. I am very passionate and a hard worker at what I do and feel I could succeed in my own business. The skills I am learning at this site is mainly how to run your own business. I have always been a people person so I am not too worried about communicating with customers, I am just learning how to run and operate the business because there is so many tedious parts that take place to run it properly. Since I am not an educational major I would not consider working in that field but I would love to be successful in the music industry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are having a great experience at the music shop and that this something that you could see yourself doing in the future after you music career has slowed down. I would like to hear your music sometime, could you e-mail me a song or two?
Hey Chris,
ReplyDeleteIt seems to me that you are on the right track with your internship. I find that it is very important to really enjoy what you do. You seem to have the future planned out for you, and I hope the cards fall into the right place. I really enjoy my internship as well, and even though I feel I will not continue with the company I have had a great experience, which is the most important. Keep it up and good luck.