Wednesday, April 15, 2009
WEEK 13: Organizational Problems
I believe that sometimes my company could improve in their communication skills. Sometimes when customers come into our shop they are not greeted properly. People on the sales floor will sometimes let the customer wonder around for quite some time before the customer is asked what their specific needs are. The company could achieve a greater level of success if they came in with the attitude that we need need to meet each and every individuals needs right away when they walk in the door. Basically integrating ideas of communication with customer satisfaction would be a good way to go about fixing this problem. By greeting and communicating with the customer this will allow the company to gain more positive feed back. Due to the customer walking out those doors with a smile on their face and being satisfied with their experience in our store it will make us have continued success. This will also lead to new business due to us having referrals through word of mouth spreading on the street. I basically would make this happen if I were the boss by having a paid work meeting so all of my employees didn't feel like I was waisting their time. I would once again stress the idea of making our work place an interdisciplinary manner and make sure we are all working together to reach the same goals. In order to do this we need customers walking through our doors and if we don't greet them properly we will not have continued business and customers will go else where. I would really stress the importance of working together to make sure our business will run as smoothly as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chris, by reading your description of improvements I can easily relate to your problems. As far as communication skills, and greeting people through the door perhaps it would be best to arrange a "team" meeting to talk with all employees about staying on top of the game when it comes to customer relations. Customers always want to feel welcome to come in and shop around. Additionally, customers want to feel like if they have questions that they are not bothering the employee. Perhaps those could be points you could raise in the team meeting? I think you are on the right track to making your workplace a more successful enviroment. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHey Chris,
ReplyDeleteI totally understand what you mean about the lack of communication with your company. It is one of my biggest pet peeves that when I enter a store no one greets me right away. Right then it makes me want to walk out and not purchase anything. For example, I am a girl, so of course I love to shop. When I have pile of cloths to try on in my hands and no one asks if they can get me a fitting room it drives me crazy! It shows that they have very bad customer service. I think it is very important for you to break the mold. By doing that you will do what you have said in your blog. If you start greeting the customers from the start other employees will see the benefit and start to follow. It sounds like you have all the right ideas. Good luck on your successful path that you are starting to pave.
Chris,
ReplyDeleteI totally agree wit you on the communication aspect of a company and or business. It doesn't matter if it is a retail store or a fortune 500 company, communication is key. I always feel better when I walk into a store and am greeted. I walked into subway today and 3 people said hi, welcome to subway. I believe you can never go wrong if you take action. Sometimes you have to do stuff yourself if you want to get it done. So, I would suggest going up to customers yourself if you do not see anyone greeting them.